Thursday 7 February 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up 2: The Streets, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Escape to Chimp Eden.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Commando: Steel Disaster or Dragon Ball: Origins.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 7 February 2008 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 February
- Tamara Desni: German-French actress and singer (d. 2008).
- STS-122: Space Shuttle Atlantis launches to deliver the European-built Columbus science laboratory to the International Space Station.
- In the USA, CBS airs the premiere of the reality TV show Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites.
- A gunman kills five and wounds two people at city hall before being shot and killed by police in Kirkwood, Missouri. (Reuters)
- Four people die and dozens are hurt in an explosion at a sugar refinery in Port Wentworth, Georgia. (CNN)
- The United States Congress approves a $168 billion economic stimulus package and sends it to President George W. Bush for his approval. (''The New York Times'')
- The Slovakian Parliament vote on the Lisbon Treaty ratification is indefinitely postponed. (SkToday.com)
- The National Assembly of France approves the Treaty of Lisbon by 336 votes to 52. (AP via Google News)
- British Muslim cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri will be extradited to the United States to face terror charges. (BBC News)
- There are mass arrests in the United States and Italy in an anti-Mafia sweep including three suspected senior members of the Gambino crime family. (Reuters)
- The Orthodox Church of Greece elects a new leader, Archbishop Ieronymos II of Athens. (CNN)
- NATO meets in Vilnius, Lithuania.
- No agreement on Afghanistan ahead of NATO meeting. (AFP via Google News)
- Rio Tinto rejects BHP Billiton's $147 billion hostile takeover bid. (''Financial Times'')
- WHO declares global tobacco control efforts and an approach to avoid tens of millions of premature deaths by the middle of this century. (WHO)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?