Monday 7 January 1929, Orthodox Christmas
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Henry and Terry Moore [Helen Luella Koford] in Los Angeles.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
On TV people were watching British Movietone News (1929 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1929 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Kenneth Henry: United States -- 500m speed skater (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Terry Moore [Helen Luella Koford] in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Little Sheba).
- Douglas Kiker: NBC newsman (1970 Peabody Award).
- Mario Bergamaschi: Italian soccer champion, high profile with prestige and affluence.
- Terry Moore: American actress, given a contract with Columbia while still in her teens.
- Henry Arthur Jones: English playwright (Silver King), dies at 77.
- Buck Rogers, first sci-fi comic strip, premieres.
- Tarzan, one of the 1st adventure comic strips, 1st appears
- 1st telephone connection between Netherlands and East Indies
- Tarzan, one of the first adventure comic strips, first appears.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1929?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?