Tuesday 15 January 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include "Queen Ida" Guillory and Eva Badura-Skoda.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching British Movietone News (1929 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1929 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- "Queen Ida" Guillory: Ziadaco music.
- Eva Badura-Skoda: Composer.
- Reverand Dr Martin Luther King Jr in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; civil rights leader (Nobel Prize 1964).
- Martin Luther King: Jr.
- Helon Blount: American stage actress and singer, she made her stage debut in Texas in 1951 and her debut in New York City in 1956.
- Martin King: American clergyman and inspirational leader of the civil rights movement. A symbol of the struggle against black segregation in the American South, he won the Kennedy Peace Prize and the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964. Galvanizing black Americans into action through his electrifying oratory skills, he rose to become a legend and national hero in his own time.
- Hedon Blount: Big Spring Actor
- Earl Hooker: American guitarist (d. 1970)
- Ida : American accordion player and producer
- '' Annales d'histoire économique et sociale'' begins publication in France.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?