Tuesday 15 January 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1929 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Earl Hooker: American guitarist (d. 1970).
- Ida : American accordion player and producer.
- Reverand Dr Martin Luther King Jr in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; civil rights leader (Nobel Prize 1964).
- Martin Luther King: Jr.
- Martin King: American clergyman and inspirational leader of the civil rights movement.
- Hedon Blount: Big Spring Actor
- Helon Blount: American stage actress and singer, she made her stage debut in Texas in 1951 and her debut in New York City in 1956. She was married to fellow stage actor Keith Kaldenberg who died February 16, 1990 and they had one daughter. Helon died March 7, 2005 after an unspecified illness.
- "Queen Ida" Guillory: Ziadaco music
- Eva Badura-Skoda: Composer
- '' Annales d'histoire économique et sociale'' begins publication in France.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 January 1929 and get them!