Thursday 31 January 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1929 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Jean Simmons: British actress onscreen from 1944.
- Franz Brouw: Belgian-Canadian pianist, a professor at the University of Quebec in Canada.
- Rudolf Mössbauer: German physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2011).
- Lloyd Hand: American lawyer, airline director, u.s.
- Richard Cavazos: American military figure, a Korean War recipient of the Distinguished Service Cross as a first lieutenant, who advanced in rank to become the United States Army's first Hispanic four-star general.
- Erich Maria Remarques publishes Im West nieces Neues in Berlin
- Leon Trotsky expelled from Russia to Turkey.
- The Soviet Union exiles Leon Trotsky.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?