Thursday 3 January 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marilyn Lloyd American politician (Representative-Democrat-Tennessee and Gertrud Kückelmann.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
On TV people were watching British Movietone News (1929 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1929 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Marilyn Lloyd American politician (Representative-Democrat-Tennessee: 1975-).
- Gertrud Kückelmann: German stage and film actress who also dubbed the voices of well known international actresses.
- Sergio Leone: Italian film director for four decades.
- Gertrud Kuckelmann: Germany Actor.
- Ernst Mahle: German-Brazilian composer and conductor.
- 27 year old William S Paley becomes CBS President
- Bradman scores 112 vs. England at MCG - his 1st Test century
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1929 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweethearts On Parade - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Ted Weems & His Orchestra - You're the Cream in My Coffee
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?