Thursday 7 October 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 7 October 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 October
- Six gangsters died and one soldier was injured when an army patrol clashed with suspected gang members in northeastern Mexico state Tamaulipas. (People Daily)
- At least 7 people are injured in separate attacks by the Israeli Air Force on the Gaza Strip after rockets were fired at Israel from Gaza on Wednesday. (''Daily Times'')
- The African Union says its forces have captured 40% of the Somali capital Mogadishu from Islamist militants in a recent offensive. (News24)
- The leader of a Congolese rebel group suspected of being involved in the mass rape of more than 300 civilians is arrested by the Congolese army and United Nations peacekeeping troops. (''The Irish Times'')
- 14 people are killed and 70 others are injured in 2 suicide blasts at a shrine in Pakistan's southern port city of Karachi. (IRNA)
- At least 5 people are killed due to back-to-back afternoon bombings at a vegetable market south of Baghdad. In Iskandariyah, about 30 miles (50 kilometers) south of Baghdad, also wounded at least 20 people. (AP)
- A land mine blast kills 6 soldiers in Tajikistan. (''Dawn'')
- Gunmen kill 4 police officers in Iranian Kurdish area. (Chron)
- 20 Taliban militants, including two rebel commanders, are killed in fighting with security forces in northeastern Takhar province, Afghanistan. (Deccan Chronicle)
- An airstrike and a raid by ground troops kills 8 insurgents, including a senior Taliban leader who spearheaded attacks against Afghan security forces. (Boston Herald)
- Peruvian-Spanish writer Mario Vargas Llosa is announced as the winner of the 2010 Nobel Prize in Literature. (Huffington Post)
- TVNZ ''Breakfast'' race row:
- Suspended TVNZ broadcaster Paul Henry is embroiled in further controversy as his mockery of Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit is declared ampquotracistampquot and ampquotunacceptableampquot and New Zealand's ambassador to India is summoned for a dressing down. (TVNZ)
- A lost Antonio Vivaldi concerto is found in the National Archives of Scotland in Edinburgh. (BBC)
- A Roman parade helmet discovered by a metal detectorist in May 2010 is auctioned for £2.3 million ($3.6 million). (''The Independent'')
- The FBI seizes a set of John Lennon's fingerprints. (BBC)
- United States film studio Metro Goldwyn Mayer begins plans to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in a bid to rid itself of $4 billion in debts. (BBC)
- Austerity measures of pay cuts and pension freeze supported by the European Union and International Monetary Fund (IMF) cause civil servants to stage a 24-hour strike in Greece. (Al Jazeera)
- The United States dollar reaches a 15-year low against the Japanese yen and depreciates against a range of other currencies due to concerns about further quantitative easing by the United States Federal Reserve. (FT via CNN)
- Nine, mostly children, die, after an overloaded river ferry capsizes in the Irrawaddy River delta, in Myanmar. (AP)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 October 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?