Sunday 10 October 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hard Drive 13.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bloody Good Time or Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 10 October 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 October
- The Netherlands Antilles are dissolved.
- The Netherlands Antilles are dissolved, with the islands being split up and given a new constitutional status.ref name=quottimequotOfficielebekendmakingen.nl - Besluit van 23 september 2010 tot vaststelling van het tijdstip van inwerkingtreding van de artikelen I en II van de Rijkswet wijziging Statuut in verband met de opheffing van de Nederlandse Antillen
- Four people are killed and over 36 injured as violence mars the first phase of 3-tier Panchayat elections across Uttar Pradesh which registered an 80 per cent turnout in India. (Chennai)
- A clash in the north of Honduras kills two policemen and four criminals. (Xinhua via ''People Dialy'')
- 110 people are injured and 200 people are arrested as anti-gay protesters and police clash in Belgrade at Serbia's first gay pride parade event since 2001. (Deutsche Welle)
- The United States fires four missiles in Shewa district about 40 kilometres northeast of the region's main town of Miramshah, North Waziristan, Pakistan, killing seven and destroying two cars, as the country increases its attacks on the tribal area. (''Dawn'')
- 2 Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) workers are shot dead by suspected Maoists at Balarampur in Maoist-hit Purulia district. (India Today)
- Riots in Lawdar, Yemen, reinforcements sent in to maintain order. Dozens killed in Lawdar District during the protests.
- Works of art created by 30 celebrated Iranian artists go on sale at Bonhams auction house in Dubai. (''Tehran Times'')
- Nelson Mandela's letters, written during his 27-year spell in jail, reveal new details of the agony he suffered in South Africa under apartheid. (BBC)
- TVNZ race row:
- John Key pledges to continue fronting TVNZ's ''Breakfast'' amid calls by MPs for disgraced and suspended broadcaster Paul Henry to be sacked. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- Hanoi, Vietnam, celebrates its 1,000 birthday. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- A celebration occurs as a male British child turns 10 at 10:10 on the 10th day of the 10th month of 2010. (''Leicester Mercury'')
- Couples around the world rush to get married as 10 October 2010 is seen as auspicious especially in Chinese culture. (''New York Times'')
- U.S. soul singer Solomon Burke dies at Amsterdam's Airport Schiphol. (BBC)
- 12 people die and 73 are injured when two express buses, a van and three cars collide at Km 223, Plus Highway near the Simpang Ampat toll in Negri Sembilan, Malaysia. (Xinhua)
- Nearly half a million people are made homeless by flooding caused by three days of heavy rain in Bangladesh. (ABC News Australia)
- 17 people are killed and 6 are seriously injured after a passenger coach collides with a cement tanker truck between Hefei, capital of the eastern Anhui province, and Nanjing, capital of neighboring Jiangsu province. (SINA)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?