Wednesday 27 October 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include René Zazzo .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lost Hero: The Heroes of Olympus, Book One by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Unemployment of Danny London.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Breed 3: Descent or Angry Birds Seasons.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 27 October 2010 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- René Zazzo: French psychologist and pedagogue, whose research related to child psychology.
- Several people are injured in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir during protests marking the anniversary of the arrival of Indian forces in the region in 1947. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Clashes between pro-government forces and al-Shabaab militants in southern Somalia kill 17 people. (Press TV)
- A United States drone attack kills three in Pakistan. (AFP)
- At least three people are killed in an explosion in Baghdad, Iraq. (CNN)
- Security forces raid Taliban hideouts in northern Baghlan province of Afghanistan eliminating five insurgents. (''China Daily'')
- A NATO soldier is killed in a roadside bomb attack in Afghanistan, taking the 2010 death toll for allied troops in Afghanistan to 603. (AFP)
- An Islamic Jihad terrorist is killed when three men who approached an Israeli security fence from the Gaza Strip are fired upon by Israel Defense Forces tanks. (Arutz Sheva)
- Israeli Police send seven hundred officers to the Arab town of Umm al-Fahm ahead of a march by right wing activists on the twentieth anniversary of the murder of Rabbi Meir Kahane and use tear gas to stop violent clashes between the activists and Arabs. (CNN)
- Warner Bros. and New Line confirm that the ''The Hobbit'' films will be shot in New Zealand. (BBC)
- American bank Wells Fargo admits it made mistakes in 55,000 real estate foreclosure cases. (AP via ''Today Online'')
- One sailor drowns and 12 are missing after a freighter carrying Chinese crew capsized off Taiwan. (''Straits Times'')
- Floods in 18 Thai provinces kill 59 people. (UPI)
- Fatalities caused by the eruption of Mount Merapi in Indonesia's Yogyakarta province rises, with 28 people known to have been killed by hot ash. (Xinhua)
- Indonesian tsunami
- The death toll from the tsunami following the October 2010 Sumatra earthquake reaches at least 282 with hundreds of people still missing. (BBC)
- Concerns are raised about the effectiveness of the Indian Ocean Tsunami Warning System. (BBC)
- Factory fishing ship catches fire off the Isles of Scilly, with 111 crew onboard. ( (CNN)
- A surprise trip by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to China has been confirmed. (People Daily)
- North Korea demands 500,000 tonnes of rice and 300,000 of fertilizer from South Korea in return for family reunions. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?