Sunday 8 July 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Greg T Walker and Pleas Ned Sublette.
Strangers on a Train, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood Opening Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1951 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Greg T Walker: Rock bassist (Blackfoot).
- Pleas Ned Sublette: Composer.
- Anjelica Huston: American third generation actress, granddaughter of actor Walter Huston, daughter of writer-director John Huston.
- Alan Ashby: American baseball player manager and sportscaster.
- Yankee Joe DiMaggio and mgr Casey Stengel feud
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 July 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?