Tuesday 8 July 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
We're Not Married!, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1952 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Marianne Williamson: American inspirational speaker, a teacher of A Course in Miracles.
- Larry Garner: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Mary Trainor: American actress (d. 2015).
- Anna Quindlen: American newspaper columnist.
- Jack Lambert: American football player, one of the greatest linebackers of all time.
- Judalon Smyth: American model, a publisher of a newsletter on doll collecting and a producer of audio cassettes on popular astrology. Her audios included series such as "Insights into the Sensuality and Sexuality of the Aquarian Woman."
- Ulrich Wehling in the German Democratic Republic cross country (Olympic-gold-1972: 1976, 1980).
- 19th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 3-2 in 5 at Shibe Park, Philadelphia
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Walkin' My Baby Back Home - Nat King Cole (Billy May & His Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?