Wednesday 8 November 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Hart and Jayne Mansfield.
Rio Grande, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Benny Program.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1950 ?
- Mary Hart: American TV hostess of "Entertainment Tonight" and nightclub performer.
- Jayne Mansfield: American model for Playboy magazine.
- Bruce Patterson: American photographer and corporate executive.
- Philip Sedgwick: American astrologer, author and paranormal photographer.
- 1st jet-plane battle ever, in Korean War
- Boston Red Sox 1B Walt Dropo wins AL Rookie of Year
- In the Korean War, 1st jet battle takes place
- Walt Dropo of Boston Red Sox selected AL Rookie of Year
- Korean War: United States Air Force Lt. Russell J. Brown, while piloting an F-80 Shooting Star, shoots down two North Korean MiG-15s in the first jet aircraft-to-jet aircraft dogfight in history.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- To Think You've Chosen Me - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- One Finger Melody - Frank Sinatra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?