Tuesday 10 July 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andy Weber and Phyllis Smith.
Show Boat, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1951 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Andy Weber: German-born painter and graphic designer, he paints Buddhist Thangkas.
- Phyllis Smith: American actress.
- Cheryl Wheeler: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- 18th All Star Baseball Game: NL wins 8-3 at Briggs Stadium, Detroit
- Armistice talks to end Korean conflict begin at Kaesong.
- The Great Flood of 1951 reaches its highest point in Northeast Kansas, culminating in the greatest flood damage to date in the Midwestern United States.
- MGM's Technicolor film version of ''Show Boat'', starring Kathryn Grayson, Ava Gardner, and Howard Keel, premieres at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. The musical brings overnight fame to bass-baritone William Warfield (who sings ''Ol' Man River'' in the film).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 July 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?