Saturday 14 July 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Show Boat, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1951 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Esther Dyson: Zurich, Switzerland -- Computer publisher (Release 1.0).
- Judi Brown: East Lansing, Michigan -- 400m hurdler (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Erich Hallhuber: German actor (Born 1951).
- Make a Wish closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 102 performances
- 1st color telecast of a sporting event (CBS-horse race)
- George Washington Carver monument unveiled
- First color telecast of a sporting event (CBS-horse race).
- Citation becomes first horse to win $1,000,000 in races.
- In Joplin, Missouri, the George Washington Carver National Monument becomes the first United States National Monument to honor an African American.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Because of You - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?