Sunday 1 July 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daryl Anderson in Seattle and Trevor Eve.
Strangers on a Train, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Front Page Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1951 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Daryl Anderson in Seattle: Washington, USA; actor (Animal - Lou Grant).
- Trevor Eve: Wales, United Kingdom -- Actor (Shadow Chasers).
- Anne Feeney: American singer-songwriter and activist.
- Julia Goodfellow: English physicist and academic.
- Klaus-Peter Justus: German runner.
- Tom Kozelko: American basketball player
- Terrence Mann: American actor singer and dancer
- Fred Schneider: American singer-songwriter and keyboard player (The B-52's and The Superions)
- Victor Willis: American singer-songwriter pianist and actor (Village People)
- Beverly Hanson wins LPGA Eastern Golf Open
- Cleveland Indians' Bob Feller third no-hitter beats Detroit Tigers, 2-1.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?