Monday 2 July 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Strangers on a Train, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1951 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Joey Puerta: Rocker (Ambrosia).
- Sylvia Rivera: American bisexual transgender activist and trans woman.
- Elisabeth Brooks: Canadian-American actress and singer (d. 1997).
- Michele Santoro: Italian TV journalist.
- Earnest F Sauerbruch: German Nazi / surgeon, dies at 75.
- Bill Veeck buys St. Louis Browns from Bill and Charlie DeWitt
- Bob and Ray show premieres on NBC radio
- Hugo Yarnold stumps 6 at Dundee, Worcester vs. Scotland
- Island advisor of Curacao installed
- Leidse astronomers discover radio signal out of Milky Way system
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?