Saturday 21 July 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diana Dennis and Doug Collins.
Alice in Wonderland, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What's My Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1951!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1951 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Diana Dennis: Portland, Oregon -- Body builder (Women Physique World).
- Doug Collins: United States -- Basketball player (1972 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Slick Watts: NBA basketball player (Seattle SuperSonic).
- Arlette Chabot: French journalist and political commentator.
- Patrick Gabarrou: French mountaineer and mountain guide who is credited with more than 300 first ascents, most of them in the Mont Blanc massif.
- Robin Williams: American actor who, after improv at L.A.'s Comedy Store, took his non-stop madness into the TV series "Mork and Mindy." From 9/14/1978 he played Mork, a delightfully demented interplanetary visitor, for $15,000 a week. As a then unknown Juilliard drama student, he had made his first appearance as Mork in a one-shot stint on "Happy Days." The character made such an immense impact with the public that it led to the winning series. In addition to TV, Williams has done many films, movies that were h
- Dalai Lama returns to Tibet
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Them There Eyes - Champ Butler
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?