Tuesday 11 August 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to A Big Hunk O' Love by Elvis Presley.
In UK Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Drifters was in the top 5 hits.
The Tingler, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1959!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1959 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Yoshiaki Murakami: Japanese businessman.
- Taraki Sivaram: Sri Lankan journalist and author (d. 2005).
- Richard Scudamore: English businessman.
- László Szlávics: Jr.
- Linda Rhys Vaughn: Grossmont, California -- Playmate (Apr, 1982).
- Gustavo Cerati: Argentine singer-songwriter, composer and producer, considered one of the most important and influential figures of Ibero-American rock and a Latin American rock legend. He was primarily known as the lead singer, songwriter, and guitarist of Soda Stereo, considered by critics to be the most important and influential band of Latin rock. He had also achieved recognition and success as a solo artist, beginning in the early 1990s during a hiatus from Soda Stereo, when Cerati recorded his first solo
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- Fabian - Tiger
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Part I)
- Dinah Washington - What A Diff'rence A Day Makes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 August 1959 and get them!