Saturday 22 August 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to A Big Hunk O' Love by Elvis Presley.
In UK Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Drifters was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1959!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1959 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Juan Croucier: Cuban-American singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Ratt and Dokken).
- Pia Gjellerup: Danish lawyer and politician Danish Minister of Finance.
- Kidd Kraddick: American radio host (d. 2013).
- Annie Tempest: English cartoonist.
- Denise Curry: Daivs, California -- Basketball player (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Mark Williams: Movie Actor
- Cin Red Frank Robinson hits 3 consecutive HRs
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Part I)
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Dinah Washington - What A Diff'rence A Day Makes
- Ricky Nelson - Just A Little Too Much
- Duane Eddy - Forty Miles Of Bad Road
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?