Friday 11 May 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James M Jeffords American politician (Representative-Republican-Vermont and Andre Gregory.
Born to Be Bad, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1934 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- James M Jeffords American politician (Representative-Republican-Vermont: 1975-).
- Andre Gregory: American writer and actor, an experimental theater director whose work was known only to a handful of intellectuals before 1982.
- Jim Jeffords: American politician, a third-term U.S.
- Arthur Labatt: Canadian businessman and academic.
- Over two days, the most severe dust storm to date in the USA sweeps an estimated 350 million tons of topsoil from the Great Plains across to the eastern seaboard.
- The United States Department of Justice offers a $25,000 reward for John Dillinger.
- Kārlis Ulmanis establishes an authoritarian government in Latvia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?