Friday 18 May 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dwayne Hickman in Los Angeles and Don Bachardy.
The Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1934 ?
- Dwayne Hickman in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Dobie Gillis, How to Stuff a Wild Bikini).
- Don Bachardy: American gay artist, partner of Christopher Isherwood from 1953 until Isherwood's death in 1986.
- Dwayne Hickman: American child actor who, with his older brother Darryl, was driven by a stage mother.
- Marcel Herriot: French Catholic clergyman, named bishop of Verdun in 1987 and bishop of Soissons in 1999, and since 2008 the Emeritus Bishop of Soissons.
- Academy Award 1st called Oscar in print (Sidney Skolsky)
- Congress approves Lindbergh Act, makes kidnapping a capital offense
- TWA began commercial service
- US Congress approves "Lindbergh Act", makes kidnapping a capital offense.
- Jimmie Foxx hits first homerun in Comiskey Park center field bleachers.
- Trans-World Airlines begins commercial service.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 May 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?