Sunday 11 May 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
What Happens in Vegas, directed by Tom Vaughan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 11 May 2008 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 May
- Tornadoes and strong storms across central United States kill 22 and severely damage towns of Picher, Oklahoma, and Seneca, Missouri.
- Burma/Myanmar holds a constitutional referendum.
- 2008 attack on Omdurman and Khartoum:
- Sudan's government halts an attack on the country's capital Khartoum by hundreds of rebels from Darfur. (Al-jazeera)
- Sudan breaks diplomatic ties with Chad, claiming it backed the rebel attack. (BBC News)
- Cyclone Nargis:
- The International Federation of the Red Cross says that the cargo ship carrying the first load of food aid from the Red Cross for survivors of Cyclone Nargis has sunk in the Irrawaddy River. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- The official death toll for Cyclone Nargis rises to 28,458. (Vatican Radio)
- Pakistan's two main coalition leaders, Asif Ali Zardari and Nawaz Sharif meet with U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Richard Boucher in London to discuss the removal of judges by President Pervez Musharraf, but fail to reach an agreement. (AP via CNN)
- John Rutseys death.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?