Tuesday 20 May 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Take A Bow by Rihanna.
Sex and the City, directed by Michael Patrick King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Great Performances.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baby Life or Crash Commando.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 20 May 2008 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 May
- Hamilton Jordan: American government official and White House Chief of Staff under President Jimmy Carter.
- In the US Presidential Democratic race, caucus voting results in Oregon and Kentucky give Illinois Senator Barak Obama a majority of pledged delegates.
- Ten thousand Iraqi troops enter Sadr City in Baghdad to seize control from Shiite militants. (CBS News)
- The SPLA attacks Sudanese government soldiers at Abyei, a disputed town at the border of South Sudan. (BBC News)
- Cyclone Nargis
- The Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-Moon leaves for Burma calling the situation critical. (AFP)
- Burma commences a three day period of mourning for victims of Cyclone Nargis and allows entry to foreign aid workers from neighboring countries. (AP via Google News)
- Senator Hillary Clinton of New York wins the Kentucky Democratic primary, 2008. (CNN)
- Senator Barack Obama of Illinois is projected to win the Oregon Democratic primary, 2008. (''Boston Globe'')
- A 24-hour strike by employees of the National Railway Company of Belgium ends rail services in Belgium and to France, Germany and the Netherlands. (AFP)
- Manoel de Oliveira is awarded a palme d'or for his lifetime career achievement at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival. (Festival website)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?