Wednesday 14 May 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
What Happens in Vegas, directed by Tom Vaughan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 14 May 2008 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 May
- The U.S. government lists polar bears as a threatened species under its Endangered Species Act because of the effects of global warming.
- Price of a gallon of regular gasoline hits a US record $4 (on average) in Alaska.
- The discovery of G1.9+0.3, the youngest known supernova remnant in the Milky Way Galaxy, is announced. (NASA)
- Food prices center stage at EU-Latin America summit. (Reuters)
- Democrat Marc Dann resigns as the Ohio Attorney General following a sexual harassment scandal involving several of his aides and an admitted affair with a subordinate. (''Akron Beacon Journal'')
- The United States Department of the Interior declares that the polar bear is a threatened species due to declining levels of Arctic Ocean ice as a result of global warming. (AP via ''The New York Times'')
- A suicide bomber kills at least 22 people and injures 40 in an attack on a funeral in a village west of Baghdad. (BBC News)
- The Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert warns Hamas that Israel will ampquotnot tolerateampquot attacks. (AP via Google News)
- A Katyusha rocket fired at the Israeli city of Ashqelon struck a clinic in the third floor of the Huzot shopping mall. This attack resulted in three people seriously injured, two moderately injured and eleven people suffered minor wounds. The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine claims responsibility. (''Haaretz'')
- NATO raises concerns about an increase in insurgent attacks in Afghanistan and raises concern that it is partly due to agreements between Pakistan and militants in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas of Pakistan. (Reuters)
- 2008 Sichuan earthquake
- Cyclone Nargis
- The United Nations is warning that another cyclone could be forming near Myanmar which was devastated by Cyclone Nargis. (AP via Fox News)
- Thailand claims that the State Peace and Development Council will allow 30 Thai doctors to visit the Irrawaddy River Delta region worst hit by the cyclone. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- A car bomb explodes in a civil guards barracks in the town of Legutiano in the Basque Country of Spain killing at least one person and injuring several others. (AFP via Google News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?