Sunday 18 May 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 18 May 2008 ?
- Prognosefokus : Very innovative astrological forum, created by Hans-Werner Wolters.
- Joseph Pevney: American television director (Born 1911).
- At the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, the 43rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards show is held. Entertainer of the Year: Kenny Chesney
- A senior Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia commander known as ampquotKarinaampquot surrenders to Colombian authorities. (CNN)
- Ahmed Ali Ahmed, one of the leaders of al-Qaeda in Iraq, is sentenced to death for killing Archbishop Paulos Faraj Rahho. (Reuters)
- General Than Shwe, the Burmese leader, visits victims of Cyclone Nargis. (BBC News)
- Approximately 16,000 people are evacuated in Chofu, Japan while a World War II era bomb is defused. (Bloomberg)
- 2008 Sichuan earthquake:
- The death toll from the earthquake reaches 32,477, with 14,000 still missing and 205,000 people evacuated. (Bloomberg)
- The People's Republic of China declares three days of national mourning for victims of the earthquake and suspends the 2008 Summer Olympics torch relay. (AP via Forbes)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?