Friday 9 May 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
In UK American Boy by Estelle featuring Kanye West was in the top 5 hits.
What Happens in Vegas, directed by Tom Vaughan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 2008 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 May
- Pakistan's two main coalition leaders, Asif Ali Zardari and Nawaz Sharif meet in London to discuss the removal of judges by Musharraf (AP via CNN)
- Commander Esteban Robles Espinosa of Mexico City's investigative police force was shot dead as he left his home. (CNN)
- Cyclone Nargis:
- A spokesman for the World Food Programme says that Myanmar's refusal to give visas to relief experts is ampquotunprecedentedampquot in the history of humanitarian assistance. (AP via Google News)
- 2008 unrest in Lebanon:
- Hezbollah gains control of large sections of Beirut as a pro-government television station is forced off the air. (AFP via News Limited)
- The United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice accuses Hezbollah backed by Syria and Iran of killing ampquotinnocent civiliansampquot. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- The price of crude oil reaches a new record high of US$125.98 a barrel. (BBC News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?