Saturday 17 May 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Great Performances.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz!: Brain Bender or The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 2008!
Which were the important events of 17 May 2008 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 May
- In Baltimore, Maryland, USA, the 133rd running of the Preakness Stakes is held. The undefeated 3-year-old Big Brown wins by 5 1/4 lengths, ridden by Kent Desormeaux.
- Sri Lankan troops capture the town of Palampiddi Junction from the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam killing at least 34 rebel troops. (Bloomberg)
- More than 3,000 people are evacuated from Lafayette, Louisiana, after two of six derailed train cars start leaking hydrochloric acid. (AP via the Guardian)
- The President of the United States George W. Bush states that a Palestinian state can be ampquotdefinedampquot by the end of his Presidency including the issue of borders and right to resettlement. (Bloomberg)
- An assassination threat delays the return of Morgan Tsvangarai to Zimbabwe to contest a runoff election to decide the presidential election. (The Guardian)
- Islamic Courts Union rebels claim to have captured the town of Jilib in Somalia. (AP via Forbes)
- 2008 Sichuan earthquake: China recommends the evacuation of seriously injured people from Beichuan due to concerns about rising water levels of a lake in the area. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?