Thursday 30 September 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Omid Djalili and Matt Fallon.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hang On Sloopy by The McCoys.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
The Agony and the Ecstasy, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Green Berets by Robin Moore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Donaug'schichten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1965 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Omid Djalili: English comedian actor and producer.
- Matt Fallon: American singer-songwriter (Skid Row and Anthrax).
- Kathleen Madigan: American comedian actress and producer.
- E[dward] E[lmer] "Doc" Smith: Sci-fi Author (Triplanetary), dies at 75.
- LA Dodger Don Drysdale (23-12) wins 13th straight game, 7 by shutouts
- The Lockheed L-100, the civilian version of the C-130 Hercules, is introduced.
- General Suharto rises to power after an alleged coup by the Communist Party of Indonesia. In response, Suharto and his army massacre over a million Indonesians suspected of being communists.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 September 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- Fortunes - You've Got Your Troubles
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- Sonny - Laugh At Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?