Saturday 25 September 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Herminia Bouza and Loredana Nimis.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Eve Of Destruction by Barry McGuire.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Repulsion, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Knock on Any Door.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1965 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Herminia Bouza: Cuban javelin thrower.
- Loredana Nimis: Italian intransigent, one of the homeless who lived in a shed along with a girl friend.
- Anne Roumanoff: French humourist and actress, her grandparents were Ashkenasi Jews from Russia and she is also of Moroccan descent (mother time).
- Scottie Pippen: NBA forward (Chicago Bulls).
- Matt Battaglia: American football player actor and producer.
- Gordon Currie: Canadian actor director and producer
- Saffron Henderson: Canadian voice actress and singer
- Dave Rundle: South African cricketer
- Rob Schmidt: American director and screenwriter
- Rafael Vázquez: Spanish footballer and coach
- Do I Hear a Waltz? closes at 46th St. Theater NYC after 220 performances
- 60 year old Satchel Paige of Kansas City Athletics pitches 3 scoreless innings
- Beatle cartoon show begins in US
- Children find trunk with corpse in Amsterdam canal
- The ''Tom amp Jerry'' cartoon series makes its world broadcast premiere on CBS.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- The Beatles - Help!
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- The Turtles - It Ain't Me Babe
- The Yardbirds - Heart Full Of Soul
- Sonny - Laugh At Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?