Thursday 15 October 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1953 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tito Jackson: Guitarist.
- Betsy Clifford: Canadian alpine skier.
- Larry Miller: NYC, New York -- Comedian / actor (Larry-Pursuit Of Happiness).
- Peter Phillips: English conductor and musicologist founded The Tallis Scholars.
- Walter Williams: American author.
- KOIN TV channel 6 in Portland, OR (CBS) begins broadcasting
- WJNL (now WFAT) TV channel 19 in Johnstown, PA (IND) begins
- British nuclear test Totem 1 detonated at Emu Field, South Australia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?