Sunday 16 November 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fighting Angels: The Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 428: Fūsa Sareta Shibuya de or Bratz Girlz Really Rock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 16 November 2008 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 November
- Reg Varney: English actor and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- Iraqi cabinet approves a withdrawal agreement for American troops to leave Iraqi cities and towns by the end of June 2009, and the country by the end of 2011.
- Jimmie Johnson wins NASCAR's 2008 Sprint Cup Series championship, becoming the second driver to win three in a row. (''The New York Times'')
- A 7.3 magnitude earthquake strikes off the coast of Indonesia, kills two a tsunami warning is issued, but later lifted. (CNN)
- United States President-elect Barack Obama resigns his Senate seat. (''The Washington Post'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?