Friday 16 November 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
The Mist, directed by Frank Darabont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 2007!
Which were the important events of 16 November 2007 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- An Airbus A340-600, scheduled to be delivered at Etihad Airways' base in Abu Dhabi, crashes into a barrier at Toulouse Blagnac International Airport during tests. Five people are injured. (BBC)
- Russia's deputy finance minister Sergei Storchak, one of Russia's top officials on international financial relations, is detained as part of a criminal investigation. (AP)
- 2007 Georgian demonstrations:
- President Mikheil Saakashvili lifts the state of emergency that was imposed on November 6. (BBC)
- Prime Minister of Georgia Zurab Noghaideli resigns citing health problems President Mikheil Saakashvili nominates Lado Gurgenidze as Noghaideli's successor. (Civil Georgia)
- The Nepali Supreme Court rejects a plea for conducting a Constituent Assembly election on November 22 saying the prescribed date is more of a moral question rather than a legal one.
- Strikes in France: French train drivers' strike against President Nicolas Sarkozy's pension reform enters its third day. (BBC)
- German architect Heike Hanada of Weimar wins the international competition for extending the Stockholm Public Library. (Asplund Competition)
- The International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda sentences Juvénal Rugambarara, the former mayor of Bicumbi, to 11 years in jail for crimes he committed during the Rwandan Genocide. (BBC)
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon holds talks with Lebanese political leaders, trying to break an impasse over the election of the next President. (BBC)
- The German train driver strike enters its third day. (BBC)
- Turkish prosecutors ask the Constitutional Court to ban the Kurdish Democratic Society Party, claiming it has links to the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party. (BBC)
- The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe announces it will not be able to monitor the 2007 Russian legislative election since its staff has been denied visas. (BBC)
- 2007 Pakistani state of emergency:
- United States Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte speaks with former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto on the phone and tells her that ampquotmoderate forcesampquot should work together to bring the country back to democracy. (BBC)
- Former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto says the new interim government is ampquotnot acceptableampquot and ampquotthere can be no fair and free elections under the emergency.ampquot (BBC)
- Muhammad Mian Soomro, hitherto Chairman of the Senate, is sworn in as interim Prime Minister. (China Daily)
- Donald Tusk, leader of the Civic Platform party, is sworn in as Prime Minister of Poland in coalition with the Polish People's Party. (BBC)
- Police in Uttar Pradesh arrest three Pakistani members of Jaish-e-Mohammed who were plotting to kidnap an Indian politician. (BBC)
- Japanese Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda flies to the United States to hold talks with U.S. President George W. Bush. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 November 2007 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?