Saturday 24 November 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
The Mist, directed by Frank Darabont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: Staying Young by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 2007!
Which were the important events of 24 November 2007 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 November
- Casey Calvert: American guitarist (Hawthorne Heights) (Born 1981).
- United States and Iraqi forces arrest at least 20 suspected militants in Kirkuk, Iraq. (BBC)
- An explosion at a petrol station kills four people and hurts at least 30 in Shanghai, China. (BBC)
- 2007 UK child benefit data scandal: HM Revenue and Customs confirms that a further six data discs have gone missing in transit between its offices in Preston and London. (BBC)
- Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk declares that Poland should concentrate on getting its economy ready for euro-zone entry as quickly as possible rather than setting a concrete target date to adopt the euro. (WSJ via Onet.pl)
- 12 people are killed when a students' union rally turns violent in Guwahati, India.
- Wildfires in Malibu, California, cause 100 homes in 3 separate communities to be evacuated. of state park land burned south of Malibu Lake. (AFP via Google News)
- Typhoon Mitag remains static over the Philippine Sea but changes course, and is expected to make landfall in Aurora-Isabela provinces of the Philippines on Monday due to the very slow and unusual movement. (GMANews.tv)
- Russian opposition leader Garry Kasparov is arrested during a The Other Russia rally in Moscow. (BBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI creates 23 new cardinals in a ceremony in St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican City. (BBC)
- At least six people, most of them children, are killed by a suicide bomber in Paghman, Afghanistan. (BBC)
- 2007 Pakistani state of emergency:
- Former Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz refuses to contest in forthcoming elections and denied rumors that he is leaving the country.
- Two suicide car bombings kill at least 30 people and injure many more in Rawalpindi. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?