Thursday 17 August 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Accepted, directed by Steve Pink, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 17 August 2006 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 August
- North Korea: According to ABC News, a ampquotsenior State Department officialampquot says that ampquotIt is the view of the intelligence community that a (nuclear) test is a real possibility,ampquot and says that they have seen ampquotsuspicious vehicle movementampquot at a suspected nuclear test site. However, according to Reuters, a United States official said that ampquotWe have no new evidence to support that.ampquot Also according to the Associated Press, the White House said that any
- United States district court judge Williams Alsup orders Greg Anderson, the personal trainer of Barry Bonds to testify before a Grand Jury about use of steroids by athletes. (Bloomberg)
- US District judge Anna Diggs Taylor orders the NSA warrantless surveillance program be shut down as unconstitutional. (MSNBC)
- Thai police claim that John Mark Karr has confessed to the murder of JonBenét Ramsey. Karr tells reporters after the press conference that he was with the child when she died but didn't mean to kill her. (CBS)
- Lebanese troops deploy south of the Litani River in Lebanon as part of the ceasefire agreement (Reuters)
- Tungurahua, an active stratovolcano in Ecuador, erupts, spewing out pyroclastic flows, shooting volcanic ash six kilometres into the air and forcing the evacuation of thousands of people. At least one person is killed and another 60 people missing. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Let the Lower Lights be Burning - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
- Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous
- Fergie - London Bridge
- Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
- Cassie - Me & U
- The Pussycat Dolls - Buttons
- Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
- Sean Paul - (When You Gonna) Give It Up To Me
- Beyonce - Deja Vu
- Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 August 2006 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?