Sunday 13 August 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Accepted, directed by Steve Pink, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reader, I Married Him.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Avatar: The Last Airbender or Blood+.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 13 August 2006 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 August
- Jon Nodtveidt: Swedish vocalist (Born 1975).
- Iraq sectarian violence:
- Three successive explosions in south Baghdad kill at least 62 people and injure more than 140. (CBS News)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Israeli government endorses the UN Security Council resolution calling for an end to fighting in southern Lebanon. (BBC)
- A Lebanese government meeting on the disarming of Hezbollah south of the Litani River is cancelled following an announcement by the Shi'ite organization that it was not willing to discuss the subject. (Haaretz)
- Kofi Annan announces that a ceasefire will commence on August 14 at 8 a.m. Israeli-Lebanese time (0500 UTC). (Boston Globe)
- Iran says disarming Lebanese Hezbollah would be ampquotillogicalampquot. (Reuters)
- Yasukuni Shrine controversy:
- Jiji Press reports that Japan Ground Self-Defense Force uniform officers examined enshrining troops in Yasukuni Shrine in the event of their death during their non-combat mission in Iraq. Critics accuse the examination of being against Japanese constitutional separation of state and religion. (Mainichi Daily News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Let the Lower Lights be Burning - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
- Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous
- Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
- Cassie - Me & U
- Beyonce - Deja Vu
- Fergie - London Bridge
- The Pussycat Dolls - Buttons
- Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
- Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man
- The Fray - Over My Head (Cable Car)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?