Friday 18 August 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Accepted, directed by Steve Pink, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 18 August 2006 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 August
- Ford Motor Company will idle 10 plants in North America temporarily as it slashes production by 21%. (CNN Money)
- Australia: The first person convicted under new anti-terrorism laws has been acquitted on appeal. Jack Thomas was convicted in March on two counts of receiving funds from a terrorist network and for carrying a falsified passport. According to ABC News his 5-year sentence was today quashed by the Victorian Court of Appeal, which ruled information obtained during an interview with Australian Federal Police Officers in Pakistan, conducted without legal representation and under threat of torture,
- North Korea:
- South Korea said Friday it has no clear evidence that North Korea is preparing for a nuclear test. (CTV NEWS)
- President Bush pressed participants in six-party talks to persuade North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons program. (Reuters)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Hezbollah hands out cash to war victims in Lebanon. (Aljazeera)
- Southern Lebanese buried on Friday at least 250 people killed in the conflict between Israel and the Shia Muslim militia Hezbollah. Hezbollah hailed these individuals as martyrs and showered their flag-draped coffins with flowers. (Al-Jazeera)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?