Saturday 28 November 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1953 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Helen De Michiel: American director and producer.
- Pamela Hayden: American actress and singer.
- Sixto Lezcano: Puerto Rican-American baseball player and coach.
- Gordon Marsden: English journalist and politician.
- Alistair Darling: British Labour Party politician who was a Member of Parliament (MP) from 1987 to 2015, most recently for Edinburgh South West.
- Nadezhda Olizarenko: USSR -- 800m / 1500m runner (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Wish You Were Here closes at Imperial Theater NYC after 597 performances
- 41st CFL Grey Cup: Hamilton Tiger-Cats defeats Winn Blue Bombers, 12-6
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 November 1953 and get them!