Wednesday 11 November 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Kate, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1953 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Marshall Crenshaw: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Andy Partridge: Maltese-English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (XTC and The Dukes of Stratosphear).
- Kostas Skandalidis: Greek politician.
- Deborah Henson-Conant: American musician, trained as a classical harpist, nicknamed "wild woman," because of her passionate performance on the electric harp.
- Princess Irene: of Hesse and by Rhine (Born 1866).
- Jimmy Dykes succeeds Marty Marion as Baltimore Orioles manager
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 November 1953 and get them!