Monday 23 November 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Cabrel and Rick Bayless.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Hondo, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life with Father.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1953 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Francis Cabrel: French singer, sing-writer and guitarist, born to a blue-collar worker coming from Italy and to a cashier.
- Rick Bayless: American chef and restaurateur.
- Johan de Meij: Dutch trombonist composer and conductor.
- Volodymyr Sabodan: Ukrainian metropolitan (d. 2014).
- KVFD (now KTIN) TV channel 21 in Ft Dodge, IA (NBC) 1st broadcast
- WJBF TV channel 6 in Augusta, Georgia (ABC) begins broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?