Thursday 20 September 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
No Highway in the Sky, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1951 ?
- Guy Lafleur: Canadian hockey player, he played right wing for the Montreal Canadiens from 1971-85, making a brief comeback to the NHL with the New York Rangers and Quebec Nordiques in 1988-91.
- Guy LaFleur in Quebec: Canada; NHL right wing (Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers).
- Javier Marias: Spanish author, translator and academic.
- Cornelia Behm: German politician.
- JoAnna Cameron: Colorado, United States -- Actress (I Love My Wife, Isis).
- Joanna Cameron: American model and actress
- Mike Graham: American wrestler and promoter (d. 2012)
- Javier Marías: Spanish journalist author and academic
- 1st North Pole jet crossing
- NL President Ford Frick elected 3rd commissioner of baseball
- Swiss males votes against female suffrage
- NATO accepts Greece and Turkey as members.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?