Sunday 20 October 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Clair and Nikita Mandryka.
North West Mounted Police, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1940 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jean Clair: French essayist, polemicist, art historian, art conservator, and member of the Académie française since May 2008.
- Nikita Mandryka: French cartoonist of Russian origin.
- Claudio Pieri: Italian soccer umpire.
- André Santini: French politician, the mayor of Issy-les-Moulineaux, Hauts-de-Seine.
- Kathy Kirby: English singer (d. 2011).
- Robert Pinsky: American poet and Poet Laureate of the United States
- Gunnar Asplund: Swedish architect and academic designed the Stockholm Public Library (d. 1940).
- Cheese rationed in the Netherlands
- Greenhouse rationing begins in the Netherlands
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ferry Boat Serenade - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?