Wednesday 16 October 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave DeBusschere in Detroit and Roland Castro.
North West Mounted Police, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1940 ?
- Dave DeBusschere in Detroit: Michigan, USA; NBA forward (New York Knicks)/last ABA commissioner.
- Roland Castro: French architect and political activist.
- Ivan Della Mea: Italian novelist, journalist, singer-songwriter and political activist.
- David Debusschere: American basketball player, a forward with the Pistons and the Knicks.
- David De Busschere: Detroit sports Champions.
- Barry Corbin: American actor
- Dave DeBusschere: American basketball player and coach (d. 2003)
- Ivan Mea: Italian singer-songwriter guitarist and journalist (d. 2009)
- Lottery for 1st US WWII draftees held; #158 drawn 1st
- Benjamin O. Davis Sr. is named the first African American general in the United States Army.
- Holocaust: The Warsaw Ghetto is established.
- The draft registration of approximately 16 million men begins in the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?