Monday 12 October 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Les Dennis and Serge Lepeltier.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ponds Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1953 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Les Dennis: British TV personality and comedian, a former partner of Dustin Gee.
- Serge Lepeltier: French politician who was mayor of Bourges in 1995 and again in 2001.
- David Threlfall: English actor and director.
- US and Greece signs peace treaty (US bases)
- ''The Caine Mutiny Court Martial'' opens at Plymouth Theatre, New York
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?