Friday 9 October 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hank Pfister and Jerome Anderson.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ponds Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1953 ?
- Hank Pfister: Bakersfield, California -- Tennis star.
- Jerome Anderson: American athlete, pro basketball for two seasons, from 1975-1977.
- Tony Shalhoub: American actor most famous for playing roles of neurotic men on the TV series "Monk" and "Wings.
- Sally Burgess: South African-English soprano and educator.
- Jimmy Finlayson: Scottish-American actor (Born 1887).
- British Premier Winston Churchill aproves Guyanese Constitution
- Conrad Adenauer elected West German chancellor
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 October 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Velvet Glove - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra (Henri Rene - accordion)
- Stan Freberg - St. George and the Dragonet
- Ricochet (Rick-O-Shay) - Teresa Brewer
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?