Thursday 23 January 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1969 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- François-Frédéric Guy: French musician, one of the most fascinating pianists of his generation.
- Christophe Épalle: French hammer thrower, whose personal best throw is 81.
- Ariadna Gil: Spanish actress.
- Andrei Kanchelskis: Ukrainian-Russian footballer and manager.
- Brendan Shanahan: Canadian ice hockey player and actor.
- Susen Tiedtke: German long jumper
- Eric Carter: Canadian Football League cornerback (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Jaroslav Kricka: Composer, dies at 86.
- Cream releases their last album Goodbye
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- The Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
- Dusty Springfield - Son-Of-A Preacher Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?