Friday 24 January 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1969 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Louise McPaul: Australian javelin thrower (1992, 96 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Stephanie Romanov: Actress (Teri Spencer-Models Inc) / model (Elite).
- Hilmir Snaer Gu?nason: Icelandic actor.
- Queen Juliana is appointed honorary citizen of Addis Ababa.
- Spanish General Franco announces state of emergency.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- The Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
- Dusty Springfield - Son-Of-A Preacher Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?