Wednesday 29 January 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Crimson And Clover by Tommy James and the Shondells.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 29 January 1969 ?
- Karen Fonteyne in Calgary: Alberta, Canada; synchronized swimmer (Olympics-silver-1996).
- Flora Perfetti in Faenza: Italy; tennis star (1995 Futures-Reims-FRA).
- Sam Trammell: TV Actor.
- Hyde : Japanese singer (L'Arc-en-Ciel).
- Sheahan and Connolly hang on for exciting draw Australia versus West Indies.
- Jimi Hendrix and Peter Townshend wage a battle of guitars.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- The Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?