Friday 24 July 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Mary of Scotland, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1936!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1936 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Albert Marrin: American historian and author.
- Ruth Buzzi in Westerly: Rhode Island, USA; comedienne (Laugh-In, Margie - That Girl).
- Mark Goddard in Lowell: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Don West - Lost in Space).
- Ruth Buzzi: American actress, a comedianne gifted for her varied characters on "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In," 1968-73.
- William Milam: American career diplomat, a Senior Policy Scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington, DC.
- James Philip Dunn: Composer, dies at 52.
- Gen Mola and Cabanellas form Spanish anti-Government
- 118 degrees F (48 degrees C), Minden, Nebraska (state record hot).
- 121 degrees F (49 degrees C), near Alton, Kansas (state record hot).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?