Friday 24 July 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Goddard in Lowell and Ruth Buzzi in Westerly.
Mary of Scotland, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1936!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1936 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Mark Goddard in Lowell: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Don West - Lost in Space).
- Ruth Buzzi in Westerly: Rhode Island, USA; comedienne (Laugh-In, Margie - That Girl).
- Ruth Buzzi: American actress, a comedianne gifted for her varied characters on "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In," 1968-73.
- William Milam: American career diplomat, a Senior Policy Scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington, DC.
- Albert Marrin: American historian and author.
- James Philip Dunn: Composer, dies at 52.
- Gen Mola and Cabanellas form Spanish anti-Government
- 118 degrees F (48 degrees C), Minden, Nebraska (state record hot).
- 121 degrees F (49 degrees C), near Alton, Kansas (state record hot).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?