Sunday 27 July 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hannu-Pekka Hanninen and Paul Couturiau.
Sudden Fear, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Masquerade Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1952 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Hannu-Pekka Hanninen: Finnish sports commentator.
- Paul Couturiau: Belgian writer, writing in French, of mystery and historical novels.
- Carol Vaness: American opera singer best known in her youth for her command of the Mozart and Handel repertory, and noted for the width of her vocal range and commanding onstage presence.
- Marvin Barnes: American basketball player (d. 2014).
- Hannu-Pekka Hänninen: Finnish sportscaster.
- Roxanne Hart: American actress
- W de Basil [US Voskresenski]: Russia -- Ballet dancer.
- Emile Zatopek runs Olympic record marathon (2:23:03.2)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?