Wednesday 2 July 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1952 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Johnny Colla: American guitarist and saxophonist (Huey Lewis and the News).
- Anatoliy Solomin: Ukrainian race walker and coach.
- Johnny Coila: Rocker.
- Linda M Godwin: Cape Girardeau, Missouri -- PhD / Astronaut (STS 37, 59, 76).
- Wayne Haner: Rock bassist (Axe).
- Henriette H Bosmans: Dutch cello player / pianist / composer, dies at 56.
- Princess Beatrice opens miniature city of Madurodam
- Zulu-leader Mangosuthu Buthelezi marries Irene Mzila
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?