Thursday 17 July 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
High Noon, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1952 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Nicolette Larson: singer (Lotta Love), dies from brain seizure at age 45.
- David Hasselhoff: TV Actor.
- Thé Lau: Dutch singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2015).
- Robert McCammon: American author.
- Chet McCracken: Seattle, Washington -- Rocker (Doobie Brothers).
- Robert R[ick] McCammon: United States -- Sci-fi author (Baal, Mystery Walk)
- David Hasselhoff in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; actor (Revenge of the Cheerleaders, Knight Rider).
- Shah of Persia named Ghavam Sultaneh Premier
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?